In this SharePoint Online tutorial, I will explain how to use the text web part in SharePoint Online.
In the SharePoint Online text web part, we can add tables, paragraphs, and normal text to our SharePoint Online site page. In the SharePoint Online text web part, we have many options to format, like style, links, indentations, bullets, insert links, add images, and highlight.
Text web part in SharePoint Online
Now we will see the step-by-step explanation to add a web part in SharePoint Online with the help of the steps below.
- First, open the SharePoint Online site page where you want to add the text web part in SharePoint Online site page.
- Click on Edit on the top right of the page to put the page in edit mode option.
- On the SharePoint Online site Edit Page, hover the cursor on the column at the SharePoint Online site page and click on the circled (+) icon.
- In the search box, Various Options exist (Text, media, and content); choose the text web part.
- After clicking the text web part, choose the formatting toolbar text box will be displayed as under.
- In the formatting toolbar, there are many options, such as
- Move web part: It helps move the web part to another in SharePoint Online Site Page.
- Duplicate web part: Duplicate Web Part creates the same web part with the same configuration.
- Delete web part: In this delete web part, delete the entire formatting toolbar text.
- Normal text: Normal text or quotes and the font size can be changed accordingly in the text web part.
- Font size: The font size of the selected text to make it larger or smaller. , Font color, Highlight color, Bold, Italics, Underline, Align, Center, align right, justify, Bulleted list, Number list, Increase indent, Decrease indent, Insert table, Insert the image, Strikethrough, Hyperlink, Remove link, Superscript, Subscript, and more style.
- Highlight color: We can apply a background color to show the selected text as a point in the content.
- Bold: We used this tool to emphasize or make the selected text bold.
- Insert image: Use this tool to add any image in your Text web part.
- Choose the Insert Image icon in the toolbar then a dialogue box will appear with many options to insert images, such as Recent, Stock Images, Upload, OneDrive, Web search, and From a Link. Select the option according to your preference and select the image.
- Change Image: We can also change the image by clicking on the pencil icon, then in the dropdown click on the Change button.
- Hyperlink: If we need to explore more or share more information about any Particular Information, we can use the hyperlink tool by giving a web URL.
- Front Size: Adjust the font size of the selected text to make it larger or smaller.
- Front color: Change the color of selected text to add visual appeal or we can select the color of texture.
- Insert Table: In the Formatting toolbar click on the Insert Table option in the text web part. In this Insert Table Text web part, we can add a table and format it accordingly. We can add or delete rows, and columns and format the header to the table.
- The insert table can be formatted using available options such as Table Styles, Insert and Delete (To insert or delete rows, columns, or entire table) and Table Alignment.
- Click on the right table of the formation toolbar table styles option, then choose the Theme-colored header.
- Numbered List: In the formatting toolbar, click on the Numbered List, To create a numbered list to organize content in a sequence.
- Italic: This tool uses italicizing the selected text, adding emphasis or style.
- Alignment: This tool uses to align text to the left, center, and right or justify it across the page.
- Align Left: Use this tool to align text to the left.
- Align Center: Use this tool to align text to the center.
- Align Righr: Use this tool to align to the right.
- Strikethrough: In this tool, you can apply a line through the middle of the selected text, indicating deletion or revision.
- Bulleted List: This tool creates a bulleted list for a visually organized presentation.
- Underline: This tool lets you underline the selected text, highlighting it for visual distinction.
- Increase Indent: The Increase Indent button moves the paragraph one tab stop to the right.
- Decrease Indent: The Decrease Indent button moves the paragraph one tab stop to the left.
In this SharePoint tutorial, we learned about the SharePoint Online Text web Part and covered how to add a text web part to a SharePoint site page.
You may also like:
- Events Web Part in SharePoint Online
- Hero Web Part in SharePoint Online
- Quick Links Web Part in SharePoint Online
- Embed Code Web Part in SharePoint Online
Preeti Sahu is an expert in Power Apps and has more than 6 years of experience working with SharePoint and the Power Platform. As a Power Platform expert for Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents, and Power Pages, she is currently employed with TSinfo Technologies. She is the author of the book Microsoft Power Platform A Deep Dive. She also made a big technical contribution to SharePointDotNet.com in the form of articles on the Power Platform. She enjoys traveling and spending time with her family in her spare time.