Here, we will discuss everything about the SharePoint Online sites web part. Like how to add a SharePoint Online web part to a site page and then how to configure the SharePoint Online Site Web Part.
SharePoint Sites Web Part
SharePoint Online sites web part allows users to display content from other sites or web applications directly on their SharePoint Online pages. By adding the site user, we can display the dashboard, report, and news feed from external systems or services.
When sites in SharePoint Online are shown in the web part, each will include the name of the site, a link to the site, and the latest activity for the site.
For Example, the screenshot below represents the SharePoint Online Site Web Part.
Add SharePoint Online Sites Web Part
This section will see how to add a SharePoint Online sites web part to a SharePoint online site page.
- Open a SharePoint Online Site page -> Click on Edit. Click on +icon to Add a new web part in column one.
- Then, search for Sites and select the Sites web part.
- The screenshot below represents the SharePoint Online Site web part we created -> Click on Republish.
This is how we can add a SharePoint Online site web part.
Configure a SharePoint Online Sites Web Part
Let’s see how to configure the SharePoint Online site web part.
- Click on the Edit icon.
- In this Sites window, under Content, two options are listed such as:
- Frequent sites for current users: When we select the Frequent sites for current users, then it will display the recent sites as shown below.
- Selected sites: When we checked in Select sites, we saw Frequent sites and Recent sites.
- Layout: In this part, 3 different formats are there as listed below.
- Here, I have selected Filmstrip as my layout to display sites on the SharePoint Online site web part.
- Check-in or Check out to Hide this web part if there’s nothing to show.
- Click on Republish.
- The screenshot below displays how the SharePoint site web part looks after creation.
This is how to configure the SharePoint Online Sites Web Part.
In this SharePoint Online article, we have explained what the SharePoint Online sites web part is. Also, we have seen how to add a SharePoint Online site web part. And how to configure the SharePoint Online site web part.
You may also like:
- SharePoint News Web Part
- Recent Documents Web Part in SharePoint Online
- People Web Part in SharePoint Online
- SharePoint online countdown timer web part
Preeti Sahu is an expert in Power Apps and has more than 6 years of experience working with SharePoint and the Power Platform. As a Power Platform expert for Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents, and Power Pages, she is currently employed with TSinfo Technologies. She is the author of the book Microsoft Power Platform A Deep Dive. She also made a big technical contribution to SharePointDotNet.com in the form of articles on the Power Platform. She enjoys traveling and spending time with her family in her spare time.