This tutorial is everything on “SharePoint calculated column multiplication“. I will show you two scenarios for implementing multiplication in a SharePoint calculated column.
Scenario: I will create a SharePoint calculated column where an employee’s salary is multiplied by the Percent hike to know a certain amount that will be added to the employee’s salary after the appraisal.
Scenario: Here, I have to calculate the time difference between the start date and to end date and multiply it by 24 to get the time difference in hours in the SharePoint calculated column using the INT function.
Multiplication in a SharePoint calculated column
Let’s find out how to implement multiplication in SharePoint Online calculated column. To do that, follow the below steps.
- Open a SharePoint Online list and then click on + Add column then select See all column types -> Click on the Next button.
- Inside the Create column tab, enter the Column name then select The type of information in this column is. Then insert the formula under Additional column settings by selecting a column from Insert column and also select The data type returned from this formula is -> Click on the OK button as shown below.
The formula used in SharePoint calculated column is listed below.
- The screenshot below shows the SharePoint Online calculated column output using multiplication.
This is how to implement multiplication in SharePoint Online calculated column.
SharePoint Online calculated column multiplication using the INT function
In this section, I will explain how to implement the INT function for multiplication in SharePoint calculated column. To achieve it, follow the below steps.
- Go to the Create column tab using the steps in the previous section and then enter the Column name, then select The type of information in this column is.
- Now insert the formula in the formula box by selecting the column from the Insert column then select The data type returned from this formula is and click on the OK button.
- Then you see the SharePoint calculated column multiplication output as shown below.
This is how multiplication in SharePoint Online calculated column is implemented.
In this SharePoint tutorial, I have explained how to do multiplication in a SharePoint Online calculated column. Then I have shown you how two date column differences multiply by 24 to give the output as the number of hours using the INT function.
You may like the following tutorials:
- SharePoint calculated column equals another column
- Add leading zeros in SharePoint calculated column
Preeti Sahu is an expert in Power Apps and has more than 6 years of experience working with SharePoint and the Power Platform. As a Power Platform expert for Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents, and Power Pages, she is currently employed with TSinfo Technologies. She is the author of the book Microsoft Power Platform A Deep Dive. She also made a big technical contribution to SharePointDotNet.com in the form of articles on the Power Platform. She enjoys traveling and spending time with her family in her spare time.