Do you want to reset combobox in Power Apps? In this Power Apps tutorial, I have explained how to clear combo box selection in Power Apps.
I will also show you how to reset combobox selected value in Power Apps and reset a combo box selected value to a default value in Power Apps.
Power Apps Combo Box Reset Property
We can find a property called “Reset” within a Power Apps combo box control. This property helps us to clear the combo box selected item when the app loads.
By default, the Power Apps Reset property is set to false, as shown below:
Power Apps Clear Combo Box Selection
This section will show you how to reset the Power Apps combo box selection.
For this, I have a SharePoint list [Product list], with the columns below:
|Column Name||Data Type|
On my Power Apps screen, an Edit form is connected to the above SharePoint list. The form contains a Power Apps combo box control and a Button control; when the user selects a value from the combo box and clicks on a button control, the combo box should clear the selection.
You can see here the combo box clears the selected item as shown below:
Now, create a blank canvas app by using the SharePoint list and follow the below steps:
- On the Power Apps screen, insert an Edit form -> add a new data source for the above SharePoint list and then Set the Edit form’s Data source property.
- Product List = SharePoint list name
- Insert a Button control -> Set its OnSelect property to:
- DataCardValue2 = Combo box control name
- Save, Publish, and Preview the app. When a user selects a value from the combo box control in the form and clicks on a button control, it clears the selected items of a Power Apps combo box control.
This is how to clear combobox selection in Power Apps.
Power Apps Reset Combo Box To Default Value
Here, I will show you how to reset to a default value in the Power Apps Combo box.
On my Power Apps screen, there is a Combo box control, which is connected to the above SharePoint list column [Vendor], and I have set a default value in the combo box as “HP”.
When the user selects a value from the Power Apps combo box control and clicks on the Button control, it should reset to the default value.
You can see here the combo box selected value has been reset to its default value, as shown below:
Follow the below steps to achieve this.
Now, create a blank canvas app by using the SharePoint list, and then on the Power Apps screen, insert a Combo box -> Set its Items properties to:
- Product List = SharePoint list name
- Vendors = SharePoint list column name
- Now, set the Combo box DefaultSelectedItems property to:
- HP = This is the column value, which I am assigning as the default value.
- Insert a Button Control -> Set its OnSelect property to:
- cmb_Vendor = Combo box control name
- Save, Publish, and Preview the app. When a user selects a value from the combo box control and clicks on a button control, the selected value will be reset to its default value.
This is how to reset a combo box selected value to a default value in Power Apps.
I hope this tutorial gave you the complete information about the “Power Apps combo box Reset property“. Moreover, I have shown you how to reset a Power Apps combo box selection and how to reset it to a default value in the Power Apps Combo box.
You may also like:
- Delegation Warning in Power Apps Combo box
- How to Populate Distinct Values in Power Apps Combo Box?
- Power Apps Combo Box Sort
- Power Apps check if a Combo box is empty
- How To Remove Power Apps Combo Box Selected Item?
- How to Display Combo Box Items from SharePoint list in Power Apps?
Preeti Sahu is an expert in Power Apps and has more than 6 years of experience working with SharePoint and the Power Platform. As a Power Platform expert for Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents, and Power Pages, she is currently employed with TSinfo Technologies. She is the author of the book Microsoft Power Platform A Deep Dive. She also made a big technical contribution to SharePointDotNet.com in the form of articles on the Power Platform. She enjoys traveling and spending time with her family in her spare time.