In this Power Automate tutorial, we will discuss how to send an email notification to the user when an item is deleted from the SharePoint list.
As per our client’s requirement, they need to send an automated email notification when an item is deleted from a specific SharePoint list. We have created an automated cloud flow within Power Automate to meet the requirement. Follow the below step-by-step guide to building the automated flow.
Power Automate Flow to Send Email Notification ‘When an Item is Deleted’
Let’s see how to create an Automated cloud flow to send an email notification to the user whenever an item is deleted from the SharePoint list.
- Sign in to the Power Automate account through Microsoft credentials.
- Then it will open the Power Automate Home screen -> Select Automated cloud flow in the +Create from the left navigation of Power Automate as shown below:
- It will redirect to a page where we need to give a name to the flow and choose the trigger
- Flow name: Provide the name for the flow.
- Click on Create, as shown in the screenshot below:
- Choose your flow’s trigger: Search or select the preferred trigger. Example: Here, we select the ‘when an item is deleted‘ trigger.
- After that, the flow gets initiated by the trigger When an item is deleted. Provide the SharePoint Site Address and the List Name.
- Select +New step, to add an action to the flow.
- To send an email notification via Outlook, search and select the ‘Send an email(V2)‘ action under the Office 365 Outlook connector.
- Next, let us configure the properties of Send an email (V2) action :
- To: Specify the email address of the site owner to whom the email should notify whenever an item is deleted from the SharePoint list.
- Subject: The content in the subject column displays what an email notification is exactly about. Here, ‘Deleted by’ is taken as Dynamic content.
- Body: It represents the detailed information about the deleted item where we can give a link for the list, and we can also enter dynamic content.
- Item: Name (Dynamic content)
- Deleted by: Deleted by (Dynamic Content)
- Once it is done, click on Save.
- Next, it will show in the green color notification as your flow is ready to go. We recommend you test it. Click on the Test icon at the top right of the flow, as shown in the screenshot below:
- In the Test Flow box, select (Manually: Perform the starting action to trigger it) and click on Test.
- Let’s delete an item from the SharePoint list to make the flow run.
- Within a while, the flow will run and show a successful message if there are no errors. Otherwise, the flow will come with an error message.
- The below image shows the Outlook email notification of the site owner about the details of the deleted item:
This is how to send an email notification to the user ‘When an Item is Deleted’ in the SharePoint list through Automated cloud flow.
You might like the below-mentioned Power Automate Tutorials:
- How to Initialize Variable Condition using Power Automate
- How to Set Variable Based on Condition in Power Automate
- How to Work With Set Variable Action in Power Automate [With Examples]
This Power Automate tutorial taught us how to send an email notification to the user when an item is deleted from the SharePoint list through Automated Cloud Flow in Power Automate.
Bijay Kumar Sahoo is a highly accomplished professional with over 15 years of experience in the field of SharePoint and related technologies. He has been recognized as a Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional) more than 9 times, starting from April 2014, for his exceptional contributions to the SharePoint community. Bijay is also a prolific author, having written two books on SharePoint – “Microsoft Power Platform – A Deep Dive” and “SharePoint Online Modern Experience Practical Guide“. His deep insights into SharePoint are also shared on his popular YouTube channel EnjoySharePoint where he teaches SharePoint to a global audience (From various countries like the United States of America, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc). Read more…