This Power Apps tutorial will assist you in overcoming the error “No item to display” while working with the Power Apps Edit form.
Sometimes, a user can face this error: Power Apps no item to display in preview mode or after submitting the form in Power Apps.
Refer to the Power Apps error details and its solution below to eliminate this.
Error: Power Apps no item to display in preview
Let me describe how I faced this error while working on the Power Apps Edit Form.
In Power Apps, I have an Edit form and a Button control. That Power Apps edit form is connected to a SharePoint list Data source named Employee Tasks.
Every field on the form is taken directly from that specific SharePoint list. A user will open the app, enter the field values, and click the SUBMIT button. Once they submit the form, a new form will appear simultaneously to enter the new record. Also, at the same time, all the form records will be saved in the SharePoint list.
But when I clicked on the SUBMIT button [in Preview mode], instead of showing a new Power Apps form, I got an error like “No item to display” as shown below. At the same time, the record is saved into the SharePoint list.
Solution: Power Apps no item to display in preview
Now we will see the solution to overcome the error No item to display in Power Apps.
1. Whenever you are adding the Power Apps form, the Default mode will be always set to Edit mode [as in the image below].
2. This means by default, the form is in Edit mode. To edit an item in edit mode, you need to have it selected; otherwise, you will see a blank form and this above error message.
3. So, to fix this, try changing the mode of the form to New – you can do this by setting the DefaultMode of the form to FormMode.New.
4. Alternatively, we can specify the NewForm(Form1) expression on the Button’s OnSelect property.
For that, select the SUBMIT button and set its OnSelect property to the code below:
OnSelect = SubmitForm(Form1); NewForm(Form1)
Form1 = Edit Form Name
5. Finally, Save, Publish, and Preview the app. Click the SUBMIT button after filling out the form. Instead of displaying an error message now, a new form will appear [as shown in the image below]. The information will also be stored in the SharePoint list.
This is how to fix the Power Apps error: no item to display in preview mode.
From this Power Apps article, I hope you got an idea to overcome the error “No item to display” while working with the Power Apps Edit form.
Also, we learned what are the approaches or ways to fix the error in Power Apps form.
Additionally, you may like some more Power Apps tutorials:
- Power Apps Error: Expected Record Value
- Delegation Warning in Power Apps Combo box [How to Overcome]
- Convert Dropdown to Radio Button in Power Apps Form
- Submit Data From Power Apps to Excel
Preeti Sahu is an expert in Power Apps and has more than 6 years of experience working with SharePoint and the Power Platform. As a Power Platform expert for Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents, and Power Pages, she is currently employed with TSinfo Technologies. She is the author of the book Microsoft Power Platform A Deep Dive. She also made a big technical contribution to SharePointDotNet.com in the form of articles on the Power Platform. She enjoys traveling and spending time with her family in her spare time.