I will show here how to add and use the planner web part in SharePoint Online, and how to display plans as a board or in charts on a SharePoint site page.
The planner web part is useful for creating team tasks to communicate with your team members. Using a planner board, we can sort our tasks into columns or buckets to identify the development. Also, you can switch to charts view to display your team’s progress.
Note:The Planner web part is not available on Communication sites or on any sites in SharePoint Server 2019. It is only availabe in SharePoit Online Team sites.
Here, you can see I have created a Planner web part named “Task Management,” inside this, I have added tasks with my team members.
Add a Planner Web Part in SharePoint Online
If you want to add a planner web part in SharePoint Online, then, follow the below steps. Such as:
- Open the SharePoint site page where you want to add a planner web part and click on the Edit icon like below.
- Then, click on the + icon to add a new web part in SharePoint Online.
- Next, search planner and select the Planner web part under the search results below.
- Once the planner web part is added, it will appear like the one below.
This is how to add a planner web part in SharePoint Online.
How to Use a Planner Web Part in SharePoint Online
Here, we will discuss using a planner web part in SharePoint Online. To achieve this, follow the below steps.
- Open the Planner web part, and Add a title as “Task Management”. Then, we can Select an existing plan or + Add a new plan. In my case, I have taken my existing plan like the one below.
- Next, you can display your plan as a board or in charts like the one below.
- For example, if you want to display the plan view as a board then, click on the Bord option under the Display drop-down.
This is how to use a planner web part in SharePoint Online.
Planner provides a simple process to manage the tasks and projects in the SharePoint Online team site. And also you can add customized boards to organize the tasks. In this tutorial, I have explained how to add a planner web part in SharePoint Online. And we saw how to use a planner web part in SharePoint Online. Finally, I have explained how to display the plan as a board or in charts.
You may also like:
- How to Add a Planner to SharePoint Team Site?
- Microsoft Forms Web Part on SharePoint Online
- Image Gallery Web Part in SharePoint Online
- Quick chart web part in SharePoint Online
- SharePoint Online Sites Web Part
Preeti Sahu is an expert in Power Apps and has more than 6 years of experience working with SharePoint and the Power Platform. As a Power Platform expert for Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents, and Power Pages, she is currently employed with TSinfo Technologies. She is the author of the book Microsoft Power Platform A Deep Dive. She also made a big technical contribution to SharePointDotNet.com in the form of articles on the Power Platform. She enjoys traveling and spending time with her family in her spare time.