This Sharepoint Online tutorial explains about SharePoint Online page properties web part, how to add page properties web part to SharePoint Online, and how to configure the Sharepoint page properties web part.
Note:SharePoint Page properties web part is not available in the SharePoint server 2019.
SharePoint Online Page Properties Web Part
Before adding a page properties web part to SharePoint, I will discuss what is a page properties web part exactly.
- Through a page properties web part, users can add information and details regarding a particular page.
- It is similar to Library columns which display information regarding files.
- A user can create a column like a branch, title, date, department etc., for a Sharepoint site page.
- It provides users with more information regarding a SharePoint site page.
Note:Page properties web part only supports data types like a Single line of text,Choice column, Date and Time, Number column,Person or group and Managed metadata.
- Suppose I have a SharePoint Site page library with default site columns like Modified, Modified By, and Created in SharePoint.
- Now, I will create three more columns on this Site page library i.e.
- Branches – Choice Data type
- Submitted to – Person or Group Data type
- Comments – Single line of Text
Add Page Properties Web Part in SharePoint online
In this section, I will show you how to add page properties web part in SharePoint Online.
- Open a SharePoint page, where we want to add a Page properties web part.
- Click on +(Add a new web part in column one).
- Under Documents, lists and libraries, choose Page Properties.
- It will add a page properties web part to SharePoint, as shown in the image below:
- Page properties pane will appear; click on a +Add icon. By default, Title will be displayed in a Property box.
- Click +Add to insert columns by expanding a drop-down of Title in the Property box. Here, I’m adding a Branches column.
- Similarly, I have added two more columns i.e.Submitted to and Comments, along with Branches, as shown below screenshot.
- On the left side of a page, it will show added columns in a page properties web part.
This is how to add page properties web part in SharePoint Online.
Edit Page Properties Web Part in SharePoint Online
Now, I will explain to you how to edit a SharePoint Online Page Properties web part.
- Open a page properties web part on a Sharepoint page, and click on an edit icon.
- Select Remove to remove custom properties from a page properties web part of SharePoint.
- Click on the Page details link to add values to columns. If values are not added, a page properties web part will not display on the published page.
- In a Page details pane, Click on Change thumbnail to add a new thumbnail.
- Also, add values in columns such as Branches, Submitted to, and Comments.
- Add a name to the page properties web part and Click on Republish to save changes.
- Then, the below pictures show updated columns with values at SharePoint site pages.
This is how to configure page properties web part in SharePoint Online.
Through this Sharepoint tutorial, I have shown you all about a page properties web part in SharePoint and how to add this page properties web part to sharePoint. And also, I have mentioned how to edit a SharePoint page properties web part.
You may also like:
- Recent Documents Web Part in SharePoint Online
- Highlighted Content Web Part in SharePoint Online
- SharePoint Online My Feed Web Part
- Quick chart web part in SharePoint Online
- Organization Chart Web Part in SharePoint Online
Preeti Sahu is an expert in Power Apps and has more than 6 years of experience working with SharePoint and the Power Platform. As a Power Platform expert for Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents, and Power Pages, she is currently employed with TSinfo Technologies. She is the author of the book Microsoft Power Platform A Deep Dive. She also made a big technical contribution to SharePointDotNet.com in the form of articles on the Power Platform. She enjoys traveling and spending time with her family in her spare time.