In this SharePoint Online tutorial, I will show you about organization chart web part in SharePoint Online, which helps users to show the organization’s visual structure by the head of the team and who works under them.
Moreover, we will discuss how to add an organization chart web part on SharePoint Online, and also I will show you how to add a 3D look for the organization chart in SharePoint online.
Add an organization chart web part on SharePoint Online
In this section, we will see how to add an organizational chart web part to SharePoint Site Page.
- Click on the +(Add a new web part in column one)
- Now search for an Organization chart web part and select it as shown below:
- Now, the Organization Chart web part is added- > Insert the name or email address.
- For Example, I have given the name Lee Gu, and now you can see people reporting to Lee Gu are also mentioned below him.
This is how we can add Organization Chart in SharePoint Online.
Now we will see how to customize a SharePoint online organization chart.
- Click on the Edit web part -> A dialogue box will appear [Right-hand side] as Organization Chart -> Now Enter the number under the Number of reporting level up, to see whom Lee Gu has to report.
- The below screenshot display how the Organization Chart Web Part on SharePoint Online looks.
This is how to add an organization chart web part into a SharePoint Online site page.
Add a 3D look for the organization chart in SharePoint online
In this part, I will see how to add a 3D look to the organization chart web part in SharePoint online.
To add a 3D look to the organization chart web part, first, we need to activate the Spaces in Manage site features.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to do it:
- Open a SharePoint Online Site page -> Click on Settings icon -> Then choose Site information as shown below:
- In this window, select View all site settings.
- Select the Manage site features under Site Actions.
- In this Site Features window, scroll down, you will see Spaces, then click on Activate.
- Again, go back to the SharePoint Online site home page -> Expand + New button -> Click on Space.
- In this window, we have to insert values such as.
- Space Name: Insert the name of the space as per your need. (Organization Chart)
- Space Description: You can write the description for our Space if you want.
- Select the Structure as per your requirement -> Click on Create
- Click on the + icon -> Select People.
- Adjust the people icon as per your need on the Space.
- In the People window, we have to insert the values like:
- Name: Enter the name of a person whose organizational relationships you want to show.
- Alternate text: Here, if you want you can slide the toggle towards On and give the alternate text as per your Organizational Chart.
- Podium: You can slide the toggle towards ON, then you can adjust the height of the podium
- Expand + Add action, you will get options as listed below, you can add them as per your requirement.
- Link to another space: Opens a linked SharePoint space.
- Play audio: Plays an attached audio file.
- Link to a page or item: Opens a linked URL of the item.
- Then you can upload audio from your local device -> Then you can slide the toggle towards ON, to autoplay the audio.
- Now, click on Publish button. Then we can find a 3D look at the organization chart in SharePoint online.
- After publishing it, a dialogue box appears as Help others find your space, we can find the options listed below:
- Add space to navigation
- Page address
- Here, I have selected Add space to navigation. So that users can find this Space in the Navigation of a SharePoint Online home page.
- The below screenshot shows the Organization Chart that was added in the navigation of SharePoint Online.
This is how to add a 3D look at the organization chart in SharePoint online.
We can use the SharePoint organization chart web part to display an organization’s visual structure by the head of the team and who works under them.
Also, I have covered how to add an organization chart web part on SharePoint Online and also shown you how to add a 3D look for the organization chart in SharePoint online.
You may also like:
- Image Gallery Web Part in SharePoint Online
- List web part in SharePoint Online
- SharePoint News Web Part
- Quick chart web part in SharePoint Online
Preeti Sahu is an expert in Power Apps and has more than 6 years of experience working with SharePoint and the Power Platform. As a Power Platform expert for Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents, and Power Pages, she is currently employed with TSinfo Technologies. She is the author of the book Microsoft Power Platform A Deep Dive. She also made a big technical contribution to SharePointDotNet.com in the form of articles on the Power Platform. She enjoys traveling and spending time with her family in her spare time.