I will show the Office 365 connectors web part in SharePoint Online in this SharePoint Online tutorial.
And also, I will explain how to add the Office 365 Connectors web part and how to edit Office 365 Connectors web part in SharePoint Online.
I will also tell you how to remove the Office 365 connectors web part in SharePoint Online.
SharePoint Online Office 365 Connectors Web Part
In this section, I will explain what is a connector web part and how we can use it in SharePoint Online.
A SharePoint Online Office 365 Connector is used to get messages, alerts, and notifications from your favorite external services on a group-connected team site.
It will get alerts and notifications from the services like RSS, Jira Cloud, Azure DevOps, Asana, Incoming Webhook, etc.
Note:An Office 365 connectors web part is not available in SharePoint server2019.
We can see connectors web part only on group connected team site of SharePoint Online.
Add Office 365 Connectors Web Part in SharePoint Online
This section will explain how to add a connector’s web part to SharePoint Online.
- Open a SharePoint Online site home page and click on Edit.
- Now, hover the cursor below any created web part, and click on the + icon (Add a new web part in a column).
- Then, search and select an Office 365 Connectors web part under all listed web parts.
- Then it will add a connector web part to SharePoint Online as shown in below image:
Edit Connector Web Part in SharePoint Online
I will show how to configure a SharePoint Online connector web part.
- Click on Add button on a Connector web part, It will display all Office 365 connector web parts.
- Select any one of the connector web parts from the list. For Example, I have chosen Jira Cloud.
- Enter a name for your Jira Cloud connection under Name in this Jira Cloud window. Here, I have inserted Mitchell Black -> Click on Create.
- Now, a notification will appear ‘You have to set up a connection to Jira Cloud so group members will be notified for this configuration with the name Ally Financial BANK. Click on Republish.
- All the notifications sent by the Jira cloud connector can be received under Groups to all the group members of that site in Outlook.
This is how to add the Office 365 connectors web part to SharePoint Online.
Remove Office 365 Connectors Web Part
I will show you how to remove the Office 365 connectors web part in SharePoint Online.
- Select an edit icon on the connector web page and click on Configure connector in Office 365 connectors pane.
- In the next window, Click on Configured -> In the Configured pane, expand Configured -> Select Manage.
- In this Jira Cloud window, click Remove at the page’s bottom.
- Again, click on Remove under the Remove Configuration window.
- After removing Office 365 Connectors connection, then delete the web part. Click on the Delete icon as shown below.
Note:We should have to remove the connector first,before deleting office365 connector web part.Because,notifications will be continue to deliver in group inbox of outlool.
This is how to remove the Office 365 connectors web part from SharePoint Online.
Through this SharePoint tutorial, I have explained the Office 365 connectors web part and how to use it in sharePoint Online. And also, I have mentioned how to add a connector web part to SharePoint Online. I have also shown how to edit and remove Office 365 connectors web part in SharePoint Online.
You may also like:
- SharePoint Online Page Properties Web Part
- Recent Documents Web Part in SharePoint Online
- Quick chart web part in SharePoint Online
- File and Media Web Part in SharePoint Online
Preeti Sahu is an expert in Power Apps and has more than 6 years of experience working with SharePoint and the Power Platform. As a Power Platform expert for Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents, and Power Pages, she is currently employed with TSinfo Technologies. She is the author of the book Microsoft Power Platform A Deep Dive. She also made a big technical contribution to SharePointDotNet.com in the form of articles on the Power Platform. She enjoys traveling and spending time with her family in her spare time.