In this SharePoint Online tutorial, I will show you, how to follow a SharePoint Online Site. Also, we will discuss the benefits of following a SharePoint site and how to view all the following sites by you.
If you are the person who created the SharePoint Online site, by default it makes you follow it. And if you are a member of the SharePoint site, then you should follow the site to get more benefits.
Benefits of following a SharePoint site
Let us see what are the benefits to follow a SharePoint team site. Such as:
- When we follow a SharePoint site, we will receive all the news, updates, and activity on the SharePoint Home page.
- Followed SharePoint sites get a boost in search results, whenever you search for any content on the site.
- If you have to follow a SharePoint site then you will easily move or copy files between the sites.
- Followed SharePoint sites are available under the following section on the SharePoint Home page.
You can see here, I have created a SharePoint Online site as “Dutch Crafters” and by default it makes me follow it.
How to Follow a SharePoint Online Site
Here, we will discuss how to follow a SharePoint team site. To achieve it, follow the below steps:
- Open the SharePoint site, and click on the Star icon (*) to follow a SharePoint site as shown below:
- Once, click on the Star icon (*), it will make our SharePoint site as Following like below:
Similarly, you can follow a SharePoint communication site by following the above steps.
This is how to follow a SharePoint Online site.
How to view all the following sites by you
Let us discuss how to view all the following sites by you. Follow the below steps.
- Open our SharePoint (https://tenant.sharepoint.com), here we will get all the following sites under the Following section in the left navigation.
- And, if you want to see all the following sites then click on the See all option under the Following section like below:
This is how to view all the following sites by you.
From this SharePoint Online tutorial, I have explained how to follow a SharePoint Online Site. Also, we covered the benefits of following a SharePoint site and how to view all the following sites by you.
You may also like:
- How to Make a SharePoint Online Site Public?
- Add Members to a SharePoint Online Site
- How to delete a SharePoint Team site
Preeti Sahu is an expert in Power Apps and has more than 6 years of experience working with SharePoint and the Power Platform. As a Power Platform expert for Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents, and Power Pages, she is currently employed with TSinfo Technologies. She is the author of the book Microsoft Power Platform A Deep Dive. She also made a big technical contribution to SharePointDotNet.com in the form of articles on the Power Platform. She enjoys traveling and spending time with her family in her spare time.