Are you facing a “Delegation warning in Power Apps Combo box” and don’t know what to do? Don’t worry!
In this Power Apps tutorial, I will explain all about Power Apps combo box delegation warning and its different solutions to overcome it.
Delegation Warning in Power Apps Combo box
Note:Power Apps can only deal with 2000 records, but By default the Data row limit is set to 500.
First, Let me tell you where we can get the delegation warning while working with Power Apps Combo box control.
I have a SharePoint list [User Details], which has 2500 records in it.
- In Power Apps, I have connected this SharePoint list to a combo box control as shown below:
- However, I faced an issue with a Delegation warning as “Delegation warning. The “Search” part of this formula might not work correctly on large data sets”. It means my data source has more records.
How to Overcome Delegation Warning in Power Apps Combo box
To overcome this, we can follow the below two solutions:
1st Solution [Set Data Row Limit]
- On the Power Apps screen, click on More options (…) -> Select Settings.
- Under General settings, scroll down. By default, the Data row limit is set to 500, but it can be increased to a maximum of 2000.
- Still, the delegation warning will be present due to our records being larger than 2000.
Note:When our record is larger than 2000, our app may not perform good.
To overcome this:
Solution 2 [Create a Power Apps Collection using SharePoint list]
- On the Power Apps app’s OnStart property, provide the code as:
- ColUsers = Power Apps collection name
- Users Details = SharePoint list name
- Now, select the Combo box control -> Set its Items property to:
- Now, on the Power Apps combo box control, we can’t see the delegation warning.
This is how we can overcome the delegation warning in the Power Apps combo box control.
In this Power Apps tutorial, I have explained the Delegation warning in the Power Apps combo box control.
Additionally, I have presented different solutions to overcome the Power Apps combo box delegation warning.
Additionally, you may like some more Power Apps tutorials:
- How To Remove Power Apps Combo Box Selected Item?
- How to Display Combo Box Items from SharePoint list in Power Apps?
- Check if Power Apps Combobox has a selected value
- How to Set Combo Box Default Value in Power Apps?
Preeti Sahu is an expert in Power Apps and has more than 6 years of experience working with SharePoint and the Power Platform. As a Power Platform expert for Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents, and Power Pages, she is currently employed with TSinfo Technologies. She is the author of the book Microsoft Power Platform A Deep Dive. She also made a big technical contribution to SharePointDotNet.com in the form of articles on the Power Platform. She enjoys traveling and spending time with her family in her spare time.