Are you interested to build a SharePoint Online Site page? Well, in this SharePoint Online tutorial, I will show you, how to create a SharePoint site page from scratch. And also, we will see different ways to create a page on a SharePoint Online site.
We use SharePoint site pages to display informations on a page by using a lot of web part. And creating a SharePoint site page is a great way to share our ideas by using images, videos, lists, libraries, youtube, maps, etc…
Create a SharePoint Online Site Page (In Different Ways)
Here, we will discuss how to create a SharePoint site page and its various ways. Such as:
- From Site Home page
- From Site contents page
- From Site pages library
- From Add a page
1. From Site Home Page
Let us discuss how to create a SharePoint Site page from a Site Home page. To achieve it, follow the below steps:
- Open the SharePoint site Home page, click on the + New drop-down, and select the Page option like below:
2. From a Site contents page
Here, we will see how to create a SharePoint site page from a Site contents page. Follow the below steps:
- Open the SharePoint Online Contents page, click on the + New drop-down, and select the Page option.
3. From Site pages library
Similarly, I will explain how to create a page in the SharePoint site from a Site Pages library. To do so, follow the below steps are:
- Open the SharePoint site, and click on the Pages option under the left navigation. Then expand the + New button and select Site Page like below:
4. From Add a Page
Also, we will see how to create a SharePoint Site page from Add a Page. To achieve this, follow the below steps are:
- Open the SharePoint site Home page, click on the Settings or Gear icon, and select Add a page under the SharePoint section like below:
- Whenever we click on the Add a Page option, it will redirect to the Pages window where we get Inbuilt templates such as:
- Blank: We can start from scratch by adding columns, text, images, etc.
- Visual: It is a visually attractive template with a focus on images that complement your text.
- Basic text: It is a Basic two-column template with an emphasis on text.
- By default, it will start with a Blank template then click on the Create page as shown below:
- Next, on the SharePoint site page where we can add the title and image like below:
- And, if you want to add web parts then click on the Circled + option.
- Once, click on the + Circled option, it will give the all SharePoint Online Web parts.
- Whenever we are creating a SharePoint Online site page, you should make sure to publish it. Once complete create a page then click on the Publish button.
This is how to create a SharePoint Online site page from scratch.
Here, I have explained all about creating a SharePoint Online site page. Step-by-step, We saw here, how to create a SharePoint site page from scratch. And also, covered the different ways to create a page on a SharePoint site.
You may like the following SharePoint tutorials:
- SharePoint Online vs on premise
- SharePoint Online site usage report
- How to Share a SharePoint Online Site
- Follow SharePoint Online Site
Preeti Sahu is an expert in Power Apps and has more than 6 years of experience working with SharePoint and the Power Platform. As a Power Platform expert for Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents, and Power Pages, she is currently employed with TSinfo Technologies. She is the author of the book Microsoft Power Platform A Deep Dive. She also made a big technical contribution to SharePointDotNet.com in the form of articles on the Power Platform. She enjoys traveling and spending time with her family in her spare time.