In this SharePoint Online tutorial, we will learn how to change SharePoint Online site name. Also, we will discuss below topics such as:
- How to change SharePoint online site name through site setting
- How to change SharePoint online site name through the SharePoint admin center.
Change or edit a SharePoint Online site name through site settings
In this section, we will see how to change the SharePoint Online site name via the site settings. Below, the step-by-step guide will instruct you to achieve this.
- Login to the SharePoint site with the respective Microsoft 365 credential.
- Open the Team site in the SharePoint site. (which you want to change the site name)
- By default, the SharePoint team site will open with the Home page.
- On the top right side of the Search bar, we can see a Gear icon or Settings.
- When we click on the Gear icon, it will open the dialogue box with settings.
- In that settings, click on the site information, and it will display information about your site where we can modify the site name, site description,, and privacy settings.
- In the site name column, we can edit or change the site name and also can give the site description.
- Select the Save button.
- Within a while, the site name got updated, and we can see the updated site name on the SharePoint Home page site.
This is how to Change or edit a SharePoint Online site name through site settings.
Check out, How to Create a SharePoint Online Communication Site
Change or edit a SharePoint Online site name through the SharePoint admin center
In this section, we will see how to change the SharePoint Online site name via the SharePoint admin center. The following steps will guide you on how to change the SharePoint site name.
- Log into the SharePoint Admin center. (Make sure you have SharePoint admin access) or, browse the following format to sign up for the SharePoint admin center with the respective Microsoft credentials.
- Once the SharePoint admin center is opened, we can find the Active sites and Deleted sites options in the sites section of the left navigation bar.
- Under the Active sites, it displays all the active sites.
- select an Active site i.e, which requires changing the site name.
- Once the site is selected, click on the edit icon. It will redirect to the General settings of an Active site (Rainbow textile Pvt Ltd) where we can customize the site name.
- click on the Edit option under the site name.
- Next, it will redirect to the Edit site name page where we can modify the site name.
- Provide a site Name that is available and click on the save option.
- Within a few seconds, it will update to the new site name.
- We can find the updated site name in the Active sites Section.
This is how to Change or edit a SharePoint Online site name through the SharePoint admin center.
From this SharePoint Online tutorial, we have learned how to change the site name of a SharePoint Online site.
- How to Change or edit a SharePoint Online site name through site settings?
- How to change or edit a SharePoint Online site name through the SharePoint admin center.
You may also like:
- How to delete a SharePoint Team site
- Change URL of a SharePoint Online Site
- How to Make a SharePoint Online Site Public?
Bijay Kumar Sahoo is a highly accomplished professional with over 15 years of experience in the field of SharePoint and related technologies. He has been recognized as a Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional) more than 9 times, starting from April 2014, for his exceptional contributions to the SharePoint community. Bijay is also a prolific author, having written two books on SharePoint – “Microsoft Power Platform – A Deep Dive” and “SharePoint Online Modern Experience Practical Guide“. His deep insights into SharePoint are also shared on his popular YouTube channel EnjoySharePoint where he teaches SharePoint to a global audience (From various countries like the United States of America, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc). Read more…