In this SharePoint tutorial, I will discuss, how to change from classic to modern site in sharepoint.
And also, I will show you how to change a modern SharePoint site into a classic SharePoint site.
And then, I will explain how to convert a classic SharePoint site into a modern SharePoint connected by an Office 365 group.
Change from classic to modern site in SharePoint
In this section, I will tell you how to convert a classic site to a modern site in SharePoint.
- Open a classic SharePoint site, then click on a Site contents page.
- Click on the Exit classic experience option on the bottom left-hand side of a classic SharePoint site.
- After getting existing from a classic SharePoint SharePoint site, we can be able to see a modern SharePoint site contents page as shown below.
This is how to change a SharePoint classic site to a Modern SharePoint site.
Change Modern SharePoint Site to Classic SharePoint Site
Next, I will explain how to convert a modern SharePoint site to a classic SharePoint site.
- Open a modern SharePoint site, then click on Site contents.
- Click on Return to classic SharePoint on the bottom left side of a modern SharePoint page.
- After returning to a Classic SharePoint site, we can be able to see a classic site page as shown below:
This is how to convert a SharePoint Online site to a classic SharePoint site.
Change SharePoint Classic site to modern site by office 365 group
Now, I will tell you how to convert a classic SharePoint site to group connected modern SharePoint site.
- Open a SharePoint Classic site, and expand the Settings icon.
- Unfortunately, Connect to new office 365 Group option is disabled in the classic site .so we are unable to connect it to groups.
Missing option to Connect a SharePoint Site to Office 365 group
Here, I will discuss on the missing option i.e., Connect to new office 365 Group under settings in a classic SharePoint site.
This option generally appears on the SharePoint admin center, but Microsoft has disabled the Classic site collection page from 2021. so the option doesn’t pop up in the settings.
- On the Sharepoint admin center, Click on More features.
- In the More Features page, Scroll down to bottom, where we can find an option for the Classic site collections page as below:
From this SharePoint tutorial, I have discussed how to change a classic SharePoint site to a modern SharePoint site and vice versa. And also, I have shown how to convert a classic site to Office 365 group-connected modern SharePoint site.
You may also like:
- SharePoint Team Site vs Project Site
- Recycle Bin in SharePoint Online
- SharePoint Online site usage report
- How to Share a SharePoint Online Site
Preeti Sahu is an expert in Power Apps and has more than 6 years of experience working with SharePoint and the Power Platform. As a Power Platform expert for Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents, and Power Pages, she is currently employed with TSinfo Technologies. She is the author of the book Microsoft Power Platform A Deep Dive. She also made a big technical contribution to SharePointDotNet.com in the form of articles on the Power Platform. She enjoys traveling and spending time with her family in her spare time.