Microsoft provides a list of customized web parts in SharePoint Online. By using this Bing maps web part to display the map on your Sharepoint Online site page. Here, this SharePoint Online tutorial will explore how to use a Bing map web part in SharePoint Online.
Also, we will discuss how to add a Bing map web part in SharePoint Online. In the last, I will show you, how to edit (add a title, select map type, layout options, and change zoom level options) the SharePoint Online Bing map web part.
NOTE:Bing Maps Web Part is not available in the SharePoint server 2019.
Here, you can see, I have created a SharePoint Online Bing map web part as “RENA BRANCHES”, and inside this, I have added three client branch locations. Such as:
- North America
How to Use a Bing Maps Web Part to SharePoint Online
We can use a SharePoint Bing maps web part to provide location-based information and we can also embed a map on our SharePoint site page. Now, we will see how to add and use a Bing maps web part in SharePoint Online.
To achieve it, follow the below steps. Such as:
- Open the SharePoint Online site page where you want to add a Bing map web part, add three sections, and click on the + icon to add a new web part like below.
- Then, search Bing Maps and select the Bing Maps web part under the Seach results.
- Once, the SharePoint Bing map web part is added it will look like below.
- Then, we can provide a Bing Maps web part title (RENA Germany) as shown below.
- Now, click on the search box, and enter the address or location. Then, click on the Search icon.
Similarly, if you want to add other locations or addresses then, follow the above-mentioned steps.
This is how to use a SharePoint Online Bing maps web part to display the map on your page.
SharePoint Online Bing Maps Web Part Customization
Let us discuss how to customize this SharePoint Bing Maps Web part. Such as:
- SharePoint Online Bing Maps Web Part Integration
- Enable or Disable Labels in SharePoint Online Bing Maps Web Part
- Zoom in and Zoom out SharePoint Online Bing Maps Web Part
SharePoint Online Bing Maps Web Part Integration
Whenever we add a SharePoint Bing maps web part, we can change the Bing maps web part integration with different views such as:
- Bird’s eye
Road: By default, you will get the Current Map Type as a Road map. and it is a standard road map.
Aerial: If we choose an Aerial Bing maps web part integration it looks like the below.
Bird’s eye: If we try to choose a Bird’s eye map type, we can’t get any view like below.
- StreetSide: In some locations, the StreetSide view is not supported. And, it will give an error message like “StreetSide isn’t available here, press ESC to exist“.
This is all about the SharePoint Online Bing Maps Web Part Integration.
Enable or Disable Labels in SharePoint Online Bing Maps web part
In the SharePoint Online Bings maps web part where we will get two types of labels to display the maps. Such as:
- Show pin label on map
Labels: It is only available in Aerial map type instead of all map types. Similarly, if you want to disable this Labela feature then, turn off the toggle option.
- Once, the Labels option is enabled it will display the other locations nearby to a current location.
Show pin label on map: When we enable this option, we will get an exact location name on a map with a pin mark in blue color. Else, if we disable it exact location name on a map will be not shown. To achieve this, follow the below steps.
- Click on the Edit icon to edit or modify the SharePoint Bing maps web part like below.
- Then, enable the toggle (Show pin label on map) under the Bing Maps pane as shown below.
- And, If we turn off this toggle option then, the Pin label will not be visible and we can’t get the name of the exact location.
This is how we can enable or disable Labels in the Bing Maps web part on SharePoint Online.
Zoom in and Zoom out SharePoint Online Bing Maps web part
In the Bing Maps web part, we can also zoom in or zoom out the location by using the + or – symbol on the Bing Maps web part like below.
This is how to customize the Bing Maps web part from SharePoint Online.
From this SharePoint Online tutorial, we discussed the Bing Maps web part in SharePoint and also we saw how to use this Bing Maps web part on the SharePoint Online site page. And, also we covered how to customize a SharePoint Online Bing Maps web part with various features.
You may also like:
- SharePoint online countdown timer web part
- People Web Part in SharePoint Online
- Planner Web Part in SharePoint Online
- SharePoint Online Sites Web Part
Preeti Sahu is an expert in Power Apps and has more than 6 years of experience working with SharePoint and the Power Platform. As a Power Platform expert for Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents, and Power Pages, she is currently employed with TSinfo Technologies. She is the author of the book Microsoft Power Platform A Deep Dive. She also made a big technical contribution to SharePointDotNet.com in the form of articles on the Power Platform. She enjoys traveling and spending time with her family in her spare time.