This SharePoint discussion board feature keeps all the comments and conversations in one place. Here, In this SharePoint Online tutorial, I will represent you, how to add a discussion board to a SharePoint Online site. Then, I will show you, how to create a discussion board app from the classic experience. And, finally, I will show you, how to display the comments in discussion boards from a SharePoint site.
Microsoft provides a feature as a discussion board as a list, that we can use to discuss with colleagues in the organization. The discussion board app is only available on the classic SharePoint sites.
Here you can see, I have a discussion board list named “Human Resources” and inside this, I have added a conversation to get feedback from my team members.
Add a Discussion Board to a SharePoint Online Site
Follow the below steps to add a discussion board to a SharePoint site.
- Open the SharePoint site where you want to add a discussion board. Then click on the Gear icon or settings, and select Add an app option like below:
- Next, in the My apps window, click on the classic experience to add a discussion board app.
- Here, search discussion board on the search box, then click on the Discussion Board like below.
- Then, provide a name as “Human Resources” and click on the Create button.
- Once, it is created, this app will be made as a list. Then, click on the list and select + new discussion as shown below.
- Then, you can give the Subject and mention the Body and if you want to get answers from others then click on the check box. Then, click on the Save button.
- Here, you can see how it will appear under the Recent section like below.
This is how to add a discussion board to a SharePoint site.
Display comments in a discussion board from a SharePoint site
Let us see how to display comments in a discussion board from a SharePoint site. To achieve it, follow the below steps.
- Open the discussion board where you want to display the comments. And, click on the conversation.
- Now, you can get all comments from your team members like below:
This is how to display comments in a discussion board from SharePoint Online site.
From this SharePoint Online tutorial, we learned all about how to add a discussion board to a SharePoint Online site. And, also we covered, how to add a discussion board from the classic experience. Then, finally, I have explained, how to display the comments in a discussion boards from a SharePoint site.
You may also like:
- Add a Planner to SharePoint Team Site
- Add Comments to SharePoint Online List Item
- Add Person or Group Column in SharePoint List
- Add a Link to SharePoint Document Library
Preeti Sahu is an expert in Power Apps and has more than 6 years of experience working with SharePoint and the Power Platform. As a Power Platform expert for Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents, and Power Pages, she is currently employed with TSinfo Technologies. She is the author of the book Microsoft Power Platform A Deep Dive. She also made a big technical contribution to SharePointDotNet.com in the form of articles on the Power Platform. She enjoys traveling and spending time with her family in her spare time.